So many people have asked questions about Moringa oleifera i.e. the specie of Moringa commonly found in Nigeria. Much research has been carried on this plant and authorities/scientist can now talk authoritatively about the nutritional/medicinal value of Moringa oleifera
The following answers to the many questions that have arisen the years are predicated on research findings:
- Is your Moringa Tea certified by NAFDAC?
Yes, all our Brands that have been released to the market have NAFDAC number. The EE brand NAFDAC No. is 08-12161.
Q.Why should I eat Moringa?
Well, in this day of “instant everything”, it is difficult to get raw, vital enzymes, vitamins, and minerals into your body. Moringa leaves contain Intense nutrition, and proportionately they pack more vitamin C than citrus, more Vitamin A than spinach, and a whole lot more. They are one of the rare things that vegetarians can eat that will supply all of the essential amino acids that your body needs, and a whole lot more that are considered to be non-essential to life.
Adding moringa to your diet is one way to insure a daily dose of intense nutrition, in an enjoy to eat form
- How do you eat Moringa?
- We eat Moringa in different ways. The leaves can be processed and taken as tea, the leaves can also be eaten raw or added to our cooked food. We add Moringa to anything imaginable- soup, pap, salad, scrambled egg, Quaker oath, you name it! Moringa combines well with garlic, onions, mushrooms, main dishes, chicken in any form, turkey dressing, potatoes, fish, beans- the list is endless
- How can I become a Distributor ? I would like wholesale information on your Moringa products.
- Please check our Distributors page
- Are there any known side effects when taking the Moringa products (i.e., leaf, seeds or pods)?
- There may be instances where you should not take Moringa. Moringa is relatively high in potassium and calcium. If you are under medical care for certain conditions and your doctor recommends that you avoid certain minerals such as potassium and calcium and any food that is high in these minerals, then Moringa is not right for you.
If you have kidney problems or are undergoing dialysis, you should also avoid Moringa.
Moringa is also high in iron, which could be problematic for some.
Check with your doctor to see if Moringa is right for you.
- Is your Moringa GMO?
- There is no GMO Moringa in the market now
- What are the benefits of Moringa ?
- The great advantage ofMoringaover other dietary supplements is that Moringa is 100% natural with a wide variety of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, proteins, and antioxidants which are present in extremely high concentrations.
- Can I use Moringa every day ?
- Yes, you can useMoringa daily, 5 to 10 grams per day, in dried form. There are no known harmful side effects. Using Moringaleaf powder for the first time can temporarily cause diarrhea, due to the high concentration of antioxidants that cleans waste products from the digestive tract. If this occurs, begin with a lower dosage and slowly build it up to the required dosage
- Is fresh Moringa better than dried Moringa ?
- Fresh Moringaleaves contain more vitamin C and E, than dried leaves. A part of these vitamins are lost because of the drying process. Nevertheless, in dried Moringa leaves, many other vitamins, minerals, amino acids, proteins, and antioxidants are present in higher doses. Moringa leafpowder is finely milled and more easily absorbed than coarse Moringa leaves. Coarse Moringa leaves, however, are milder in taste, and is thus easier to add to recipes without giving off a dominant flavour. So each type has its own advantages.
- Why should I choose products from Moringa’s Finest ?
- ByMoringa’s Finestyou will only find sustainable and organic Moringa products without added chemicals ( E341 and E570 for example). Moringaproducts from Moringa’s Finest are raw, which means that they have been dried without heat treatment so that essential amino acids are still intact. Moringa’s Finest specializes in highest quality Moringa and regards service and the sharing of knowledge of paramount importance .
- What is the best way to use Moringa ?
- UsingMoringa leafpowder is the most economical; you can mix it with fruit juice, yogurt or cottage cheese, it’s delicious in smoothies, soups, sauces and hot dishes. With Moringa leaf powder, Moringa tabletsand/or Moringa capsules you can easily meet the daily dose requirements. For an adult, a dose of 5-10 grams per day is recommended, for children and pets the dosage should be relative to their weight. We provide fresh Moringa in the growing season (April until October). FreshMoringa can be eaten raw in salads , as toppings in sandwiches, delicious through smoothies and juices, sauces, soups and hot dishes. Can also be sprinkled over warm food, the same way as salt and pepper.
- What is Moringa Oil good for ?
Moringa Oil from Moringa’s Finest is cold -pressed and organically grown. This oil is suitable for consumption, but is used more for skin and hair care. Moringa oil is quickly absorbed into the skin and leaves no fat behind, it keeps the skin supple and elastic, reduces fine lines and wrinkles, relieves itching from insect bites and helps wounds to heal faster. Moringa oil makes the hair softer and shinier and relieves the scalp of dandruff and dry skin. Also ideal as a massage oil, even for babies, so pure is Moringa Oil.
- Can I eat Moringa seeds?
- Yes, theseedsof Moringa are edible, they contain all the good qualities of the plant and are rich in oil . A very special feature of Moringa seeds is that it binds to heavy metals , and has antiseptic properties. Thus, they cleanse the digestive tract of unwanted bacteria and waste materials.
- How many Moringa seeds can I eat ?
3 to 10 Moringa seeds per day is sufficient.
- When is the best time to take Moringa ?
- Moringagives energy. The following is only a guideline; for example, spread the dosage out to three times a day, the largest dose being at the start of the day. Be creative ! Starting with aMoringa Smoothie, lunch time take some Moringa tablets or Moringa Capsules and the evening meal with Fresh Moringa or add Organic Moringa Powder to sauces, soups or wok vegetables, or sprinkle Moringa powder, the same way as salt and pepper, over warm food.
- Can I use Moringa with other medication ?
- There are nonegative side effectsreported regarding the use of Moringa alongside medicines. When in doubt it is always wise to consult your (natural) doctor.
Q.Can I use Moringa with diabetes?
- Moringa can regulate blood sugar levels and can thus provide a soothing effect on diabetes.
- Can I get allergic reactions from Moringa ?
- There are no cases known, Moringa contains no lactose, gluten, or other known allergens.
- Can I use Moringa during breastfeeding?
Yes ! Because of the high concentration of nutrients and antioxidants, Moringa is an ideal addition to the diet of nursing mothers.
My Moringa oil is thick and lumpy, what now?
If Moringaoil is stored in a cool place, it will probably start clotting. This is easily solved by putting the bottle for a while in a warm place or placing it in warm water. The Moringa Oil quickly becomes clear and liquid.
- What does Moringa taste like ?
Moringa has a distinct taste that is difficult to compare. Fresh Moringa has a delicate nutty flavor, slightly sweet and slightly sharp like radishes. The taste of dried Moringa is more difficult to describe. Moringa leaf powder has quite a strong concentrated flavor and you also have to keep this in mind when mixing it with food, begin with small quantities, you can always add more. It is a natural flavor enhancer, it brings out the natural flavor of the food.
- Can I eat the flowers of the Moringa tree ?
- The flowers from theMoringa oleiferahave a honeyed flavor, are edible and very suitable to make tea with. Not suitable for pregnant women because these flowers work abortive!
- What is the difference between Moringa leafpowder , Moringacapsules and Moringatablets ?
- All containMoringa leaf powder.Moringa tablets contain the added ingredient arabic gom, to hold the tablets together. Moringa capsules are made from plant cellulose (no fillers or emulsifiers).Moringacapsules can be used by people who have difficulty in swallowing. Moringatabletten and capsules are easy to take to work or whilst traveling. There is no difference in nutritional value between Moringa leaf powder , Moringa capsules of Moringa tabletten.
- How long does Moringa leaf powder remain good for consumption ?
- If stored in a dark and dry place in a sealed container,Moringa leafpowderremains good for consumption for many months.
Q: Is Moringa oleifera found in Nigeria?
A: Yes. Moringa oleifera is found in many parts of Nigeria. It thrives well in Northern Nigeria.
Q: Is it good to eat the back of moringa seeds?
A: Yes. The back of moringa seeds is fibrous and good for weightloss.
Q: What is the recommended dosage for Moringa seeds?
A: You can take two (2) seeds in the morning and two(2) seeds in the evening making a total of four(4) maximum in a day. ENSURE YOU HAVE EATEN BEFORE TAKING MORINGA SEEDS.
Q: What is the recommended dosage for Moringa leaf powder?
A: Take one tea spoonful three times a day
Q: How do I take Moringa leaf powder?
A: Take it with already cooked and served meals, ready for eating. You may sprinkle the powder on pap, beans, rice, stews, soups, etc. You can also add to freshly prepared fruits juice.
Q: Does Moringa leaf powder have overdose?
A: No. Moringa leaf powder do not have over dose. But do not abuse it anyway.
Q: Does Moringa leaf powder have expiry date?
A: Yes. Just like any other processed food, it can be potent for at least 6 months before it starts loosing its potency, depending on how you store it. But the fresher the better.
Q: Are Moringa flowers edible?
A: Yes, Moringa flowers are edible.
Q: Does Moringa flattens the tummy?
Q: With the accessibility to fresh vegetables in most shops, why is a supplement like Moringa oleifera necessary?
A: Time, not availability is usually the issue. Gyms, swimming pools and basketball courts abound, but we are more out of shape now than at any time in our history. In an ideal society, we would have the time to cook all of our meals from scratch with fresh vegetables that we can personally vouch for. However, most of us are so busy in the evenings with after-school activities, homework, travel, and chores, that meals are usually grabbed from the freezer or emptied from a can. As a result, our food is reconstituted, reheated, “enriched”, preserved, and genetically modified. We have only to look at the health of our youth, with a staggering increase in obesity, juvenile diabetes, and autism, to determine that all is not well in the world of nutrition. Our bodies were designed to get our nutrition primarily from plant sources. Balance is the key and Moringa oleifera is a naturally balanced nutritional supplement.
Q: I have heard that Moringa is high in calcium. Is it safe for those who suffer from lactose intolerance?
A: You have heard right. Moringa is rich in many nutrients and has a high calcium value, pound for pound, 17 times the calcium in milk. Despite this, it is safe for all to consume, including those who are lactose intolerant, as it doesn’t contain any lactose.
Q: Do I need a prescription for Moringa?
A: No, you don’t. It is a completely safe and natural product, which contains ingredients your body will recognize for their nutritive value. Moringa is one of the few plants that can be consumed by the entire family. In fact the World Health Organization recommends feeding malnourished infants and children Moringa on a daily basis. If you are concerned or suffer from a medical disability, we recommend you speak to your health care practitioner before consuming Moringa products.
Q: What are some of the health benefits to consuming Moringa?
A: There are many health benefits to consuming Moringa, which is why it has earned the title of a super food, and is also sometimes known as The Miracle Tree, or the Tree of Life. While the benefits vary in degree from person to person, our customers have reported improvement in digestion, vision, energy levels, mental clarity, and overall well being. They also use Moringa to support a healthy blood sugar level, as a nutritional support for diabetes, and as an overall health and wellness supplement.
Q: Are there any side effects I may experience?
A: Moringa is chockfull of vitamins, nutrients, antioxidants, and amino acids. According to the International Organization, Trees for Life, extensive research conducted at the Noguchi Memorial Medical Research Centre in Ghana has found that Moringa leaf powder has no toxic elements and no side effects were observed even in families consuming high amounts of Moringa.
However, each person is unique and responds differently to Moringa. If you do suffer any side effects, they may range from mild headaches and upset stomachs, to nausea. This is simply the result of toxins being eliminated from your body. Gradually, these side effects should disappear.
Q: How does Moringa acts as Detoxifier?
A: Moringa seeds are well known for its use to purify dirty water. Moringa seeds when mixed with impure water will absorb all the impurities. In the similar process, Moringa attracts the toxins from the blood and removes and excrete toxic build up.
Q: Can Moringa supplements be taken with other prescriptions?
A: A Moringa supplement is a 100% natural product made from the parts of the Moringa tree. People have been taking Moringa for hundreds of years as a staple food and have not reported any problem since then. However, we suggest you to consult with your Physician whether you can take these supplements along with other prescription medicines.
Q: What is the best method to take the Moringa powder?
A: The best way is to mix it with any beverages. A teaspoon of Moringa powder mixed in a glass of Orange juice will give you a wholesome drink filled with Nutrients. It can also be mixed in food (rice, pap, etc) and soup preparation.
Q: How effective is Moringa?
A: A lot of research has been done about Moringa and has been part of the daily diet of people around the world because of its nutritional and medicinal properties. Moringa has saved millions of lives in poor countries where malnutrition is prevalent because of its high nutritive value. John Hopkins has released a scientific paper regarding some of the medicinal properties of Moringa.
Q: How many Moringa capsules should I take a day?
A: The suggested daily intake is 4 capsules a day. 2 capsule in the morning and 2 capsule during lunch time. These are the times when your active body needs it most.
Q: I want to lose/gain weight. Will Moringa help me in losing/gaining weight?
A: The good thing about Moringa is that it has all the essential vitamins, minerals and amino acids that our bodies need in natural form and generous quantities. If you want to lose weight and you are on a controlled diet, taking Moringa will ensure you are getting all your essential and vital nutrients. On the other hand, if you want to gain weight, moringa increases your metabolism and helps to increase your appetite.
Q: is moringa good for a pregnant woman?
A: Yes Moringa leaves either fresh or shade-dried and ground are perfect for a pregnant
woman. It supplies the needed vitamins and minerals, especially folic acid.